Does Your Liver Need A Detox?
Signs of a Poorly Performing Liver
You are exposed to toxins every day. These toxins can come in the form of water, food preservatives, chemicals, pesticides, and electromagnetic radiation which can greatly affect the liver. There are several signs to look for regarding a troubled liver.
- Tendency for the body to overheat resulting in excessive perspiration
- Difficulty digesting fatty foods
- Heartburn and acid reflux
- Inflammation of the liver
- The development of dark spots, commonly referred to as liver spots, on the skin
- New weight gain or the failure to lose weight even after lowering calorie intake
- Bloating in the abdomen
- Fat around the upper part of the abdomen
- Pain over or around the liver
- High blood pressure
- High levels of triglycerides
- Mood swings and depression
- Sleep apnea
HOW DO I DETOXIFY MY LIVER?
- 1. Drink your daily water allowance - Water helps to flush out any toxins which tend to linger in the liver causing damage. If you aren’t sure how much water is required to meet your daily allowance, you will need to perform a little math equation. First, you divide your weight in pounds by 2. Then divide your answer by 8. The final answer will be how many eight ounce cups of water you will need to drink daily.
- 2. Eat your daily allowance of green vegetables- Leafy green vegetables are a wonderful source of chlorophyll, a natural blood builder. They also help to neutralize heavy metals and other toxins which are harmful to the liver. Eating your veggies is like placing body armor over your liver.
- 3 Glutathione - Glutathione is a major antioxidant. It is so important that every cell in the body needs it. By detoxifying fat before bile is secreted, glutathione aids the liver and gallbladder by helping to reduce the stress on these organs. You can find this in supplement form, or eat avocados. Avocados help create glutathione in the body.
- 4. Lemons or Limes- Lemons and Limes are high in Vitamin C. This vitamin aids the liver by transforming toxic substances into a product which can be absorbed by water. Once it is within water, it can be excreted through sweat or urine. Drinking a room temperature glass of water with the juice of an entire lemon or lime upon waking can stimulate the liver and help it to process toxins more efficiently.
- 5. Walnuts-Walnuts are fantastic sources of glutathione. They are also high in Omega 3 Fatty Acids. The two are wonderful aids in liver cleansing. Walnuts also help the liver by detoxifying ammonia within the blood.
- 6. Garlic-Remember how the liver not only filters the blood, but also secretes enzymes which help to flush toxins out of the body? Garlic aids the release of these enzymes to quickly remove toxins from your body. It is also high in allicin and selenium, two important nutrients to help detoxify and cleanse your liver.
- 7. Cold Pressed Organic Oils-Used in moderation, cold-pressed, organic oils such as hemp, flax, grapeseed, and olive are great friends of the liver. By providing a healthy source of fat, these oils encapsulate the toxins and aid in their excretion from the body. By taking on some of the workload of toxin removal, an overburdened liver can rest and begin to regenerate.