Foods To Beautify You
18 Foods to Beautify You: Skincare Nutrition Tips
How many of us focus on searching for the best natural skincare products in the hopes of achieving smooth glass like skin? But here’s the thing, what we put in our body should be the first step towards achieving clear, radiant skin. It all starts inside. What we eat significantly affects our health and the aging of our skin. We’ve rounded up the best 18 foods that banish wrinkles, promote glowing skin and keep your skin supple and soft—one bite at a time.
Here’s to fab-U-lous skin!
1. Fatty Fish: salmon, mackerel and herring
Why it’s amazing for the skin:
- Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are important for maintaining skin health.
- Keeps skin thick, toned and moisturized which helps those suffering from dry skin.
- Reduces inflammation for those with sensitive and acneic skin.
- Contains vitamin E which helps protect your skin from free radicals.
- Contains zinc which helps to heal the skin.
2. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
It’s anti-inflammatory effects on the skin may help protect the skin from sun damage.
- High in healthy fats help nourish, hydrate, and plump the skin by protecting the health of the cell membrane.
- Good source of vitamin E, C, K and B6 which is an important antioxidant that helps fight free radical damage.
Avocado Antioxidant Smoothie
- 1 ½ cups coconut water
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 kiwis, peeled
- ½ avocado, peeled
- Add all ingredients to the blender and blend.
4. Dark chocolate with at least 70% cocoa solids
High in flavanol which helps protect the skin from sun damage. Helps to improve; skin hydration, thickness and smoothness.
- Are a good source of essential fatty acids, which are fats that your body cannot make itself.
- Contains small amounts of the antioxidants vitamin E and vitamin C which helps your skin stay healthy.
Omega-3 fatty acid called ALA helps protect your skin from sun radiation and improve smoothness.
7. Sunflower Seeds
Sunflower seeds are an excellent source of nutrients, including vitamin E, which is an important antioxidant for the skin.
8. Sweet Potatoes
- Contains beta-carotene to protect your skin from sun damage. It may help prevent sunburn and dry, wrinkled skin.
- High amounts of beta-carotene add a warm, orange color to your skin, almost like a tan.
Are rich in antioxidants which provide sun protection and may help repair existing skin damage.
- Helps to increase collagen production, which may lead to increased skin firmness and elasticity.
- The anti-fungal, antioxidant and anti-bacterial properties of cinnamon helps with acne.
Honey Cinnamon Mask for Acneic Skin
- 3 tablespoon manuka honey
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Mix ingredients in a glass bowl.
- Microwave for 30 seconds.
- When the ingredients are lukewarm apply on clean face for 10 minutes.
- Rinse off and finish off with your favorite serum and moisturizer.
- Use once a week.
Turmeric Cinnamon Milk
- ¼ teaspoon round turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ cinnamon
- Dash of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup almond milk or soy milk
- Heat all ingredients in a saucepan over low heat.
- Bring to boil and immediately turn off the heat .
11. Red or Yellow Bell Peppers
Great sources of beta-carotene, which your body converts into vitamin A.
Excellent source of vitamin C which helps to keep skin firm and strong.
Contains gingerol; a compound with anti-inflammatory effects that may help prevent the age spots.
- Broccoli is full of zinc, vitamin A and vitamin C which are vital for achieving healthy skin.
- Contains lutein which protects your skin from being too dry.
- May help with some types of skin cancer.
- Contains sulforaphane which protects your skin from harmful rays.
14. Bone Broth
High collagen may help improve skin elasticity, reduce wrinkles and premature aging.
- Great source of vitamin C and contain all of the major carotenoids, including lycopene which helps to protect your skin against damage from the sun and helps prevent wrinkling.
- Helps to reduce pimples and lightens blemishes.
Tomato And Carrot Juice
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 tablespoon flaxseeds
- Cut tomato and carrot into chunks and add them to a food processor with the flaxseeds.
- Blend to liquid consistency.
Helps with dry skin, increases collagen and protects your skin from UV damage.
17. Green Tea
Catechins are powerful antioxidants that protect your skin from sun damage and reduce redness as well as improving hydration, thickness and elasticity.
18. Red Wine
Contains resveratrol which may help slow down the skin’s aging process!