On the 4th day of Christmas my true love gave to me a natural deodorant that works!
Day 4: A natural deodorant that works
How many natural deodorants have you tried that just do not work and actually make you somehow smell worse?! For me it's too many to count. Well ladies here's a tried and tested deodorant THAT WORKS!!! Try this easy peasy recipe and trust me you will never go back to store bought deodorant.
YOU WILL NEED
- 1/2 c baking soda (you can use less when starting out if it irritates you)
- 1/2 c arrowroot powder (you can also use cornstarch)
- 5 tbs unrefined organic coconut oil
- 20 drops of grapefruit essential oil (or another essential oil with antibacterial properties)
- Mix baking soda and arrowroot together
- Next add the coconut and essential oils and mix well.
- Pour into clean air-tight jar (Homemade deodorant will last 3-6 months in a airtight container.)
- Use a popsicle stick to get the deodorant out of the container and transfer to your fingers to apply!
Note: This deodorant changes consistency depending on the temperature. In cold climates, it can we pretty hard to get out. If that’s the case for you, I recommend storing it by the shower and allowing the steam to warm it before applying. If you live in a warm climate and the deodorant is too liquidy, you can store it in a cooler pantry to thicken it up.